Wave IX Swoops In to the X-Wing Miniatures Game
June 6, 2016 - 8:49pm
In Fantasy Flight Games' recent preview article Stay In Attack Formation, the company announces the four new ships included in the Wave IX expansions for the popular Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game. Wave IX introduces new starfighters and pilots from The Force Awakens, Star Wars Rebels, and the new canon and continues to emphasize skillful maneuvering and the importance of catching your enemies squarely in your firing arc. The new ships included in Wave IX are
- ARC-170 Expansion Pack
- a rather sluggish and antiquated Rebel Alliance starfighter with powerful cannons, heavy shielding, and a tail gunner.
- Special Forces TIE Expansion Pack
- a specialized two-seater TIE craft with enhanced shields, weapons, sensor systems, and a dual heavy laser turret mounted to the bottom of its fuselage.
- Protectorate Starfighter Expansion Pack
- the Concord Dawn Protectorate starfighter, the "Fang fighter." A fast and sleek Mandalorian vessel custom-built for fighter combat and equipped with a hidden torpedo launcher and pivot wings that provided vector thrust control.
- Shadow Caster Expansion Pack
- signature starship of the young and ambitious bounty hunter Ketsu Onyo. The Shadow Caster was agile and powerful, but lightly shielded, trading heavy ray shielding for speed.