Guildhall Fantasy Coming This Summer From AEG
May 21, 2016 - 10:29pm
In 2013, the original Guildhall card game was met with critical acclaim, winning Boardgames Australia Awards Best International Game and the Fairplay À la carte award as well as being nominated for the Golden Geek Best Card Game and being Kennerspiel des Jahres Recommended in 2014. However, AEG felt that the theme of the original Guildhall, which featured medieval peasants and merchant class people, was not very evocative and limited the game's audience. So when the time came to reboot this popular game, AEG decided to go with a fantasy theme that featured 18 character classes from some of their favorite role-playing games. This reboot will contain a series of three different sets, formed by mixing up the previous two sets and adding six more cards to the mix. Here is AEG's official summary of the new release of the game:
In Guildhall players play different colored Profession cards into their Guildhalls, each which grants a special ability to build your own Guildhalls or to tear your opponent’s Guildhalls down. As players collect different colors in each profession, the abilities on the Profession cards increase in power and usefulness. When a player collects one of each of the 5 colors of a given profession they may trade that completed Guildhall for a Victory Point cards, which have abilities of their own and grant Victory Point points to the player. The first player to collect 20 VP points is the winner.
- Cards and rules are taken from the award winning, critical acclaimed, and Kennerspiel des Jahres Recommended Guildhall Old World Economy and Guildhall Job Faire releases.
- New fantasy theme and new profession art from Gunship Revolution.
- Sold in three sets, each released one month after the other.
- Releases may be combined and played together in one big Mega Saga deck or different – Professions may be combined to create custom play experiences, including the original Old World Economy and Job Faire releases.
- Great card game mechanics allow for card combos and tactical decision making.
- Reduced price point from previous releases.