Now on Kickstarter: Codex from Sirlin Games
February 21, 2016 - 9:47am
Codex is the 10-year culmination of trying to come at customizable card games from a completely different angle. What if there were so many things you can do with a deck that you might play it for years and have it still be interesting? What if almost any deck you could make is reasonably fair and matchups are generally won or lost by how you play them, rather than before the game starts? This game is the answer to those questions. It turns out the key is having access to a wide enough range of effects that your deck is resilient to almost anything thrown at it.Sirlin Games is currently running a Kickstarter project for their new card game, Codex, a game that takes on the soul of a collectible card game from a different angle. Codex is unique in the following ways:
- You can build your deck as you play, selecting cards to use as the game unfolds via access to a large number of effects.
- Codex has a real-time strategy theme, including concepts such as build orders, fog-of-war, economy, and managing buildings and heroes.
- A new kind of combat system known as "The Patrol Zone."
- No collectibility, leveling the playing field for all players.
- High-quality art that has been in development for years.