Steve Jackson Games' 2014 Stakeholder Report
December 2, 2015 - 11:49pm
Phil Reed of Steve Jackson Games has released his first stakeholder report for the company, which has been in business since 1980. In the report, Reed presents a great variety of information concerning the SJG product releases for 2014, the state of the industry, budgetary information, and more. Here is a sampling from the report:
- 2014 Executive Summary: Gross income was $8.5 million, down $300,000 from 2013 (revenues were up, however, if the Ogre Kickstarter from 2013 is not considered). Dice games remain very strong in sales.
- 2014 High Points: Expanded Munchkin releases, Car Wars reprint, advertising in DC and Marvel publications, new staff members.
- 2014 Struggles: Web store needing an overhaul, GURPS support issues, changes in budgeting practices.
- Failures: OGRE Kickstarter drained far too much energy from the staff, too many partially-done projects on the back-burners, and Steve needing more help to cover management tasks in order to free him up for more game design and play testing.
- State of the Tabletop Gaming Industry: $880 million overall banked for the industry in 2014
- Shared Goals and Partners
- 2014 Report Card Priorities Met?
- Priorities set for 2015: Continue toi expand and support Munchkin, more GURPS support, and continue to develop OGRE and Car Wars.