Now On Kickstarter: Alkemia: Destiny's Recipe
October 27, 2015 - 10:43pm
Welcome to a world where creation is but a simple step away from ingenuity and a few simple resources imbued with ancient elements - this is the world of Alkemia. Prepare to harness the primal art of alchemy and join the ranks of creators who have been shaping and reforming the raw world of Alkemia into a thriving livelihood centered around a grand city of Alchemy, Crasis. Governed by a circle of seers and a single Grand Alchemist, who wields boundless talent and protects the ancient secrets of the Greater Elemental Spirits, Crasis currently seeks it's next Grand Alchemist; this position will be held by one of few summoned to prove their abilities and will be tasked to synthesize the legendary Crest of Creation. This crest, a fabled mysticism documented to usher in the age of alchemy, can only be crafted by one skilled alchemist able to harness the 6 elements - earth, fire, water, air, ether, and fortune.Alkemia is a resource-management game by KinSoul Studio featuring a modular board and both cooperative and competitive game play. In the game, players are working to become the Grand Alchemist by being the first to collect the elements needed to craft the fabled Crest of Creation. Players will choose from six possible alchemist roles: The "Atelier Magnifico", The "Charismatic Barkeep", The "Bog Witch", The "Gifted Homunculus", The "Imaginative Tinkerer", and The Vibrant Healer". Alkemia features the following characteristics:
- A resource management, item synthesizing, modular board game for 3 - 6 players ages 14+
- A good balance between luck and strategy that provides you with many possible paths to take.
- High replay-ability: Draft style Field creation, Item recipes shifting around the Bazaar, a different Crest recipe every time, and seemingly endless combinations of abilities will keep you coming back again and again.
- Elements of cooperative and competitive game play, with the focus mainly on your Alchemist's journey of growth.
- Beautiful original artwork to help you get into the Alkemian spirit. - Check out a closer look at our characters plus some samples of the artwork (both sketches and finished versions) here.
- An immersive story that you can get in to as much or as little as you desire.