Stonemaier Games Launches SCYTHE On Kickstarter
October 14, 2015 - 6:44pm
After much discussion, excitement, and subsequent hype, Stonemaier Games is proud to announce the Kickstarter launch of their much-anticipated title, Scythe.
Designed by Jamey Stegmaier with art and worldbuilding by Jakub Rozalski, Scythe is a competitive 4x game (explore, expand, exploit, exterminate) set in an alternate-history, 1920s Eastern Europe. Scythe tells the stories of 5 unique factions competing over an unclaimed patch of land surrounding the mysterious Factory.As Stonemaier Games' most play-tested game, Scythe has endured 750 blind play tests and 300 solitaire play tests. Each copy of Scythe is packed with components, including 25 miniatures, 200+ custom wooden pieces, and 130+ pieces of original art. The Scythe Kickstarter campaign experience will feature:
- Lots of Day 1 stretch goals followed by 1 new stretch goal every day for all 24 days of the campaign
- 1 promo pack of 6 Factory cards (this pack--and others to be revealed in the stretch goals--are included for free in every KS game but only at an additional cost post-Kickstarter)
- Movie-trailer style project video with music composed specifically for Scythe
- Several different styles of preview, review, and gameplay videos
- Backer engagement throughout the project--we have a lot of fun things planned for you to participate in!
- Money-back guarantee, now with complimentary return shipping
- Our standard low shipping prices around the world from fulfillment centers in the US, France, Canada, Australia, and China