Exciting news from Tasty Minstrel Games
April 4, 2015 - 9:59am
First up Eminent Domain: Battlecruisers a new stand-alone game by Phillip DuBarry that is set in the Eminent Domain universe. Battlecruisers will pit 3-5 players against each other trying to achieve victory through glorious achievements…or just be the last ship standing. Each of the players will have a hand of actions that are almost exactly the same and secretly choose one at the same time. The catch is you want to choose an action that no one else does. But don’t worry you’ll know what their last action played was. The game should be intense fun and take about 30 minutes.
In Eminent Domain: Battlecruisers, you want to be the first to escape with 15 victory points, or be the last ship standing. Each round you and your opponents each play a card from your identical hands. If you play the same card as an opponent, you'll clash and bad things will happen! But if you manage to sneak a card through unhindered, then you'll reap the benefits.Eminent Domain: Exotica is an expansion for Eminent Domain that will introduce two new planet types: Exotic planets and Asteroids. Exotic planets will introduce Alien icons that will require converters to use them for the regular roles while Asteroids will do very little for you, almost useless really, until you develop the “Asteroidal” techs that will get better and better the more asteroids you have in your empire.
Your civilization has grown to the edge of the known universe. To expand farther you'll need to explore exotic worlds and learn their language and customs. Mine foreign asteroids for valuable crystal and befriend alien cultures in Eminent Domain: Exotica!Look for both Battlecruisers and Eminent Domain: Exotica to show up on Kickstarter after Eminent Domain: Microcosm ships to backers. In addition TMG has reported on other games in their pipeline that will not be on Kickstarter. They are:
- Gold West - Pre-production is done, and printing has begun.
- Flip City (formerly known as Design Town) - Art is 100% updated, pre-production done, and printing is funded.
- Luna - Artwork 100% updated for TMG release and moving into pre-press.
- Cthulhu Realms - Art is 100% finished and pre-production is underway.
- Dungeon of Fortune - Artwork is 95% finished.
- Steamworks - Artwork is approaching finished, pre-production needs to start, and funding is needed.
- Downfall - Artwork is 50-70% finished.
- Amun-Re - Artwork is being reworked in cooperation with a French publisher.
- Zombie Roll - Game design is finished and we are in discussions with another publisher for its future release.