Spring Parents' Choice Awards 2014
June 9, 2014 - 7:29pm
Parents' Choice Foundation, established in 1978 as a 501c3, is the nation’s oldest nonprofit guide to quality children’s media and toys. Best known for the Parents’ Choice Awards® program, the Parents’ Choice Award Seals are the Foundation’s internationally recognized and respected icons of quality. The Parents’ Choice core team is a small group of talented and fun-loving alphabetically sorted professionals: Kristen Faber, Claire S. Green, Jackie Yau, and Keri Zeiler. The Parents’ Choice Award judges are experts in areas of industry and interest, from dinosaurs to digital media and from mathematics to making mayhem. The Parents’ Choice Awards committee members hail from families across the country. Our product evaluation process is lengthy and comprehensive. It’s a multi-tiered process with its roots in a four page questionnaire that queries developmentally appropriate content and challenges, the product’s design and function, the educational value, long-term play value, and the benefits to a child’s social and emotional growth and well being. The list of current winners are:
- Niya, designed by Bruno Cathala and published by Blue Orange Games.
- Last Letter, designed by Joe and Dave Herbert and published by ThinkFun.
- Over / Under, designed by Reiner Knizia and published by Gamewright.
- Karma, designed by Marsha J. Falco and published by Set Enterprises.
- Dodge Dice, designed by Eric Messersmith and published by Gamewright.
- Long Story Short, designed by Matthew Nuccio and published by The Game Chef.