Back to the Dungeon! Thunderstone Quest Returns to Kickstarter...and Retail!
June 10, 2018 - 10:01am
Fans of deck-building and dungeon-delving will be delighted to hear that Alderac Entertainment Group will be launching the second Kickstarter for their celebrated game, Thunderstone Quest, on July 17th at 9:00 am PST. Pursuing their goal of transitioning to traditional brick and mortar stores, TQ will also be making its way into retail outlets in the fourth quarter of 2018. New to this Kickstarter will be:
- Both solo and co-op rules (which will also be available on print-and-play)
- A 6th quest
- An add-on for more than 4 players
- A new (second) storage solution, as the old Champion box, massive as it was, "is effectively full if you sleeve and have Epic".
The Thunderstone community also strongly communicated that they wanted a Solo & Co-Op experience for the game. Our design team has been working on a game experience that is way beyond just a simple set of rules and represents an entirely new way to experience Thunderstone. We think it is AWESOME!Delivery for all backer levels is scheduled for "no later than April 2019". Timelines for retail releases: Q4 2018:
- Core starter set, which, along with basic components, will contain Quest 1, Mirror in the Dark and Quest 3, Rise From the Mire
- Quest 4, At the Foundations of the World
- Quest 5, Ripples in Time
- Quest 6, What Lies Beneath