Twilight Imperium expansion announced by Fantasy Flight Games
Fantasy Flight Games has announced the first expansion for Twilight Imperium 4th Edition, titled Prophecy of Kings. The voluminous content in the expansion includes:
- Seven new factions
- Three unique leaders for each faction
- Forty new map tiles
- Mechs, a new ground unit with special abilities
- Components for two additional players, increasing the maximum player count to eight
- Exploration decks providing discoveries for the first player to take control of a planet
- Powerful relics that can be discovered by piecing together fragments discovered during exploration
- New objectives, action cards, and agenda cards
Prophecy of Kings is designed by Dane Beltrami, who is one of the designers for Twilight Imperium 4th Edition. It is scheduled to release in Q4 2020. FFG has posted an unboxing video showing off much of the expansion content.
In addition to the expansion, FFG has posted online the first Twilight Imperium 4th Edition Codex. The Codex contains (1) rules updates, (2) reworked base game technologies and promissory notes, adjusted for usability and balance, (3) new action cards, (4) scenario/setup variants, and (5) a lore short story by Calvin Wong Tze Loon (@ithayla) featuring the Argent Flight, one of the new factions.