Robinson Crusoe Collector's Edition launches on Gamefound
The crowdfunding platform Gamefound is home to a project to create an upgraded version of Robinson Crusoe with new content. The one to four player cooperative survival game is designed by Ignacy Trzewiczek, and published by Portal Games. Players take on the role of castaways trying to survive on a desert island. The game is renowned for its challenge and for early thematic decisions in the game impacting the game later through the event deck.
The deluxified version includes:
- Miniatures by Awaken Realms for the characters and camp structures.
- Plastic storage insert designed for all components
- Tutorial booklet featuring new scenarios designed to teach the game to new players
- Optional mobile companion app to integrate new event and adventure cards into any scenario
- Island tiles and game board
- 7 scenarios
- 6 different characters
Also available in the campaign is the Book of Adventures, a collection of over 50 new scenarios rated by difficulty, length, theme, and target audience. Owners of the game also have the option of an upgrade pack pledge. Each day of the campaign is unlocking new content. The reveals so far include a competitive scenario and a volcano dice tower. There are also optional add-ons for more dice, a neoprene game mat, sleeves, and painted resin tokens.
Check out the project page, which runs through April 12th.