Dungeon Fighter returns with a new edition in four different versions
Horrible Guild has launched a Kickstarter campaign for new standalone editions of Dungeon Fighter. Dungeon Fighter is a dexterity dungeon crawl party game for 1-6 players. Each round players will choose one of two rooms to enter and then encounter a monster. Players toss custom dice at a target board, and the die has to bounce on the table before hitting the board. Where those dice land on the board determines the outcome of the player's action. If the die does not stop on the board, then the monster attacks. Die results can trigger and upgrade individual hero powers for each player. Some rooms of the dungeon and/or monsters will require players to throw the dice in a whimsical way, such as with their eyes closed, under their leg, or from far away. Defeating a monster earns the adventuring party gold, which they can spend at the market to acquire weapons and potions.
The new versions of Dungeon Fighter make three mechanical changes from the original.
- There is no pre-set dungeon. Players draw two room cards each round and decide which to enter. This choice will impact the dice-throwing requirements and the rewards.
- Each monster has a bonus reward that can be obtained if the finishing blow meets a specified requirement, such as dealing a certain amount of damage.
- When a hero power is triggered, players have a choice of activating or upgrading the power. Upgrading the power makes it more likely to trigger in the future.
The new Dungeon Fighter comes in four different standalone versions, each with different dice, heroes, weapons, monsters, bosses, and rooms. They are:
- Labryrinth of Sinister Storms - utilizing six sided player dice
- Chambers of Malevolent Magma - utilizing eight sided player dice
- Castle of Frightening Frosts - utilizing four sided player dice
- Catacombs of Gloomy Ghosts - utilizing twelve sided player dice
The new versions of Dungeon Fighter are designed by the same trio as the original game: Aureliano Buonfino, Lorenzo Silva, and Lorenzo Tucci Sorrentino. They all also feature charming art by the same artist from the orginal game: Giulia Ghigini. The Kickstarter campaign runs through 5:59 PM EDT on October 20, 2020. For more details, check out the Kickstarter page.