The Expanse: Doors and Corners Expansion contains five new modules for the base game, each adding to the strategy and gameplay. The modules can be used independently or in any combination together with the base game.
The five modules are:
• Leaders – your leaders move with their fleets and can add influence
• New Tech – earn new powers, which adds variety and surprise based on what is available
• Resource tokens – these can be spent to help pay CP costs, add AP to a card or move up the initiative track
• Protomolecule – adds a new scoring opportunity
• Variable setup – allows fleets and influence to be placed anywhere during game start
Expansion contents include:
• 16 Action cards
• 36 Tech cards
• 4 Leader standees
• 12 Power Play sector tokens
• 12 Power Play point tokens
• 16 Resource tokens
• 1 Suppression token
• 1 Protomolecule standee
• 5 Base Destroyed tokens
• 1 Resource reference card
• 1 Leader reference card
• 1 Protomolecule owner card
• 1 Revised game board & ship tokens
Before it was a board game, The Expanse was a sci-fi book series by James S.A. Corey and a popular space opera TV series broadcast on Syfy for three seasons. The Expanse Board Game was designed by Geoff Engelstein and is a game for 2-4 players, ages 14+. Watch the Dice Tower’s coverage of The Expanse here.
The Expanse: Doors and Corners Expansion can be preordered and has an expected release date of February 2019.