The Guardian recently produced an article detailing the financial history of Kickstarter in Britain, stating that Kickstarter has just reached the 100-million-pound mark. Further statistics revealed:
- more than 1.2 million individual backers
- 20,651 individual projects
- an average of £53.80 per pledge
- 8,181 successful projects that met funding
- 12,000 unsuccessful projects
- Games alone account for more than a quarter of the total pledge amount
- The recent Dark Souls board game is the most backed project in Kickstarter’s British history bringing in the amount of £4 million
Kickstarter in Britain still has a long way to go to catch of to American Kickstarter projects, which have totaled $2 billion as of 2016.
For more information, you can read the entire article here.