Game designers looking for an opportunity to pitch their game design to a company may have that opportunity at the upcoming 115th North American International Toy Fair, 17-20 February, in New York City. Thanks to Target’s Open Innovation Project, designers may be selected to present their game design directly to Target executives. Designers can apply by completing an online Request for Proposal form by Wednesday, January 17th.
Designers will be required to identify the game’s target audience, the void the game is filling, and what makes the game different from others currently on the market. Designers will also have to answer a variety of other questions such as whether any market research, utility patent searches, engineering plans, cost analysis, and any prototypes have been completed.
Games are not the only category considered. Dolls, activity sets, pre-school toys and imaginative play products are other categories also considered in Target’s Open Innovation Project.
Notifications for those who are selected to meet with Target will be sent by February 1. Those selected in Target’s Open Innovation Project will present their ideas to a panel of Target Toy Buyers and get feedback from experts in Mass Retail at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center throughout the day on Saturday, February 17th.
FoxMind Toys and Games would like to announce their partnership with Mandoo Games to publish the North American version of Slide Blast, a fun and fast-paced family strategy tile laying game with easy rules and great components.
“In Slide Blast, by cleverly choosing and placing tiles, players try to build the longest slide, allowing them to engage in high-speed straightaways, gut-wrenching curves and mind blowing tunnels! Players also gain extra points each time they make another player slide.”
Slide Blast is a game for 2-6 players, ages 7 and up, and plays in about 30 minutes. It is expected to be released in the 2nd quarter of 2017.
The game will be showcased at the upcoming 2017 Toy Fairs in Nuremberg and New York. For more information on this announcement, visit the publisher’s site here.
Gamewright would like to announce a slew of new games up for release during 2016, many of which will be seen at this year’s Toy Fair in New York this February.
An overview of the games for this year includes:
• Go Away Monster! – Back by popular demand! Perfect “my first game”, with a brand new look.
• Ranglin’ Rabbits – A cooperative dice game for nimble-fingered bunny catchers.
• Sushi Go Party! – Deluxe edition of this best-selling game, featuring lots more cards.
• Cardventures – A new line of card-based games with an interactive story feature.
• Baba Yaga – An enchanting new signature card game, themed around the classic fairytale.
• Rolling America – The star-spangled dice game.
• Rory’s Story Cubes– Three thematic add-ons to this best-selling series: Medic, Score, and Intergalactic, plus new licensed editions.
• Skiwampus – A quick-playing brain-building game
• Bring Your Own Book – A new party game with a literary twist!
For those attending this year’s Toy Fair, you can find Gamewright’s booth at Booth #2167 in the Javits Center. For more information on the above releases and reprints, read the full press release here.