Asmodee has announced details about the fifth expansion for TIME Stories, Lumen Fidei. Lumen Fidei takes place in 15th century Spain, at the end of the Reconquista, the religious wars between the Moors and Christians for control of Spain. For the first time, the T.I.M.E. Agency has tasked you with retrieving and returning an object from the past – a stone drawing the attention of both sides of the conflict. All indications point to something supernatural.
Lumen Fidei is due to be released 2nd quarter 2017. For more information click on Asmodee’s press release here.
New content is coming soon to the TIME Stories game in the form of Expedition: Endurance, an adventure that sends you back to 1914 aboard the doomed ship Endurance. The boat has been trapped in the ice now for a while, heat and food are running low and crew’s sanity is starting to slip away. You have to be extra careful this time out because while you haven’t endured what they have, their loosening grip on their mind is affecting you as well. There will be a fourth stat to keep track of this time, willpower, and the adventure will constantly test your will. If you should fail that test enough you will go insane, drawing an insanity card with some very nasty and lingering effects. Can you fix the temporal anomaly before you lose your mind? This new expansion will be on shelves soon, and until then you can check out Asmodee’s preview of the expansion.
Christorpher Chabris, at the Wall Street Journal, wrote a piece on narrative games, with a special notice of both the games Pandemic Legacy and TIME Stories. He noted that there are many reasons why we play games, and one of those reasons can be to tell a story, and you can’t find that experience more central than in the two previously mentioned games. While I haven’t played TIME Stories yet, I have played Pandemic Legacy and I wholeheartedly agree that the story experience is like no other, and that is what makes it so great. You can read the whole story on the Wall Street Journal website.
Asmodee released a news update, which includes several items of note:
- Two games and one expansion were released:
- Histrio, a game in which players tour the kingdom to recruit actors skilled in either comedies or tragedies, forming an acting troupe to hopefully please the King.
- StoryLine: Fairy Tales, a storytelling game in which you and your friends submit and select cards in order to tell a fantastic tale.
- Under The Mask, the third expansion to the wildly popular narrative adventure game, T.I.M.E. Stories.
- Two new family games were announced:
- Loony Quest, a wild and fast-paced game in which you briefly glance at a level of obstacles and traps and try to draw a safe voyage through them from memory.
- The Little Prince: Make Me A Planet, a turn-based planet-building game, in which you collect items and characters from The Little Prince universe in order to construct the most balanced and beautiful planet.
- Two new expansions were also announced:
For more information on these releases and upcoming titles, you can view the full news update here.