Just a few days ago there was a theft of Pokemon Ultra Prism pre-release stock from Asmodee UK, not from the warehouse, but while it was in transit. This is a terrible thing and markedly diminishes the initial stock of this new set of Pokemon cards being released next weekend. While Asmodee UK is working hard to regroup and get new stock produced, it has already impaired their ability to supply stores with stock for the release event. In total 80 stores have been affected by this and Asmodee UK gives a full list of the stores on their news site. Hopefully if you are in the UK your store isn’t on this list, but you can rest assured that Asmodee will do all that it can to get the cards into your stores as soon as possible.
Burgle Bros is a cooperative heist boardgame where players use unique powers to avoid guards, navigate alarms and get out!
Tim Fowers (Wok Star, Paperback) brings us a new Kickstarter project, Burgle Bros. – A Cooperative Heist Boardgame. Like Ocean’s 11 and The Italian Job, players will use stealth, planning, a little bit of luck work together to assemble their crew, make a plan, and pull off the impossible.
Burgle Bros. actually feels like a heist. The team will make a plan, and if something goes wrong, you’ll be able to help other out of the sticky situation using unique special abilities. Guards will get in your way, and an innovative movement system makes them somewhat predictable and partially deductible. You’ll need to be sneaky and push carefully to the climactic ending, where you’ll have to get to the roof to escape or all is lost.
The Burgle Bros. team is made up of elite professionals, each with a unique special ability:
- Acrobat – A Retired Performer, moves through the guards.
- Spotter – A Psychic Gone Rogue, looks at guard’s next patrol.
- Juicer – The Electronics Expert, triggers alarms remotely.
- Hawk – The Recon Pro, peeks far away for free.
- Rook – The Mastermind – moves other players.
- Hacker – The Computer Guy, hacks from anywhere on a floor with wifi.
- Raven – A Maverick Falconer, distracts the guard with her crow.
- Rigger – A Tinkerer Savant, has dynamite to blow up walls.
- Peterman – Combinatorics Expert, Cracks safes and keypads.
This game is for 1-4 players and plays in 45 – 90 minutes. This project has a primary funding goal of $10,000, and over $38,000 has currently been raised. This project will fund on Saturday, April 4, 2015.
For more information and to support this project, visit the Kickstarter page here.