Everything Epic Games is returning to Kickstarter to bring you the 2nd printing of their recently released thematic cooperative game Secrets of the Lost Tomb, as well as Fate’s Fortune, the newest expansion for the game.
Secrets of the Lost Tomb is a Cooperative, story-driven tile placement game, that plays in about 60 minutes, for 1-6 adventurers who have embarked upon a perilous expedition to uncover the ancient secrets of the Tomb. Each game is built around a different scenario with its own unique boss monster, such as the Pharaoh with the Blue Eyes, the Immortal Rhaz Azul or the Elder Forces of Hera’Thulhu. Over the course of the game, you and your fellow expedition members will explore ancient sites around the world, from the crypts of the Mayans to the ruins of Greece and the beautiful temples of the Orient; fight monstrous beasts; gather powerful relics and above all prepare yourselves to ward off the inevitable awakening of the Primordial Evil.
The Fate’s Fortune expansion introduces the eponymous Fate cards which will send each character on their own secret quest that will allow them to level up during the game (and will also unleash new furies from within the tomb). Using these secret Fate cards, players can also now choose to include the possibility of a Traitor in the game, rather than playing purely cooperatively. The expansion will also add new characters, new scenarios and new monsters to this already jam-packed game.
So dust off your fedora and discover the full campaign here!
Well, we forgot to mention this when the Kickstarter campaign began but better late than never. Additionally, we can report that the campaign has not only funded, but blown away the goal and with over a week still remaining!
Secrets of the Lost Tomb: The Elite Missions is an expansion to Secrets of the Lost Tomb, a cooperative exploration game published by Everything Epic and designed by Christopher Batarlis. The KS campaign not only will fund the Elite Missions expansion, but also help fund artwork for the next expansion coming called Traitors of the Lost Tomb.
So, what is Secrets of the Lost Tomb? Well, “Secrets of the Lost Tomb is a cooperative game of thrilling action-adventure and exploration. 1-6 Players assume the roles of heroic Adventurers, members of a secret order, working together to investigate forgotten mysteries, survive dangerous creatures and traps, all the while, shielding humanity from the supernatural powers of The Tomb: a primeval vault brimming with incomprehensible powers perpetually struggling to be set free!”
The expansion will contain the following:
- Vesper’s Quest – A grave robber is trying to steal the key to the Lost City of Atlantis!
- Evermourning the Cursed – An Unintentional Vampire and a lost love with immortal revenge.
- The Excavation – Searching for Artifacts has never been more dangerous!
- Military Incursion – US Soldiers have invaded the Tomb and are getting in your way!
- Biohazard – The Tomb is filling with a deadly gas!
- The Ticking Tomb-Bomb – A Maniac has planted Bombs throughout the Tomb and is trying to destroy it while you’re inside!
- Soul Lock – You kill creatures but they just keep coming back!
- Soul Extortion – The Soul Monger wants souls… and he wants them NOW!
- The Hunted – The Tomb’s most Dangerous Game!
- The Cartographer – Making a map seemed easy… until the Tomb…
- The Gauntlet – The Test of a Knight from Arthurian Legend!
- The Gorgon’s Head Comet – The Three-Tailed Comet has a mind of its own!
- 10 Soldier Cards (Use in Military Incursion) – Soldiers used to move through the Tomb!
- 6 Bio-Suit Cards (Use in Biohazard) – Special Unique cards used to prevent the gas from killing you!
To get in on the fun and pledge, you can visit the Kickstarter campaign here.
Everything Epic Games made their publishing debut on Kickstarter this January with Secrets of the Lost Tomb, a 1930s set cooperative dungeon crawl. The team is now back on Kickstarter to replace the game’s original cardboard character tokens with plastic miniatures.
Secrets of the Lost Tomb has mechanics inspired by games like Arkham Horror and Mice and Mystics. You fight your way through randomized tombs and try to complete specific objectives. Combat utilizes a “One Roll” system, which means that you calculate the damage done to you and the damage you deal without requiring one of your partners to roll against you. The Kickstarter also states that Secrets of the Lost Tomb features an impressive use of artificial intelligence for the enemies. For more information about how the game plays, check out the Dice Tower preview.
The Kickstarter for the base game received double its funding goal back in January. Although the game was expected to ship in May, it was delayed and still has not shipped. Christopher Batarlis of Everything Epic Games has confirmed that the base game is currently in production phase, and that the game has not been delayed because of the second Kickstarter campaign.
The funding period for the miniatures campaign ends Wednesday, August 20 and if funded, is expected to ship this November. You can order just the miniatures if you already backed the base game, and there are also options for you to order the base game along with the miniatures if you missed the first campaign.