Gamewright would like to announce a slew of new games up for release during 2016, many of which will be seen at this year’s Toy Fair in New York this February.
An overview of the games for this year includes:
• Go Away Monster! – Back by popular demand! Perfect “my first game”, with a brand new look.
• Ranglin’ Rabbits – A cooperative dice game for nimble-fingered bunny catchers.
• Sushi Go Party! – Deluxe edition of this best-selling game, featuring lots more cards.
• Cardventures – A new line of card-based games with an interactive story feature.
• Baba Yaga – An enchanting new signature card game, themed around the classic fairytale.
• Rolling America – The star-spangled dice game.
• Rory’s Story Cubes– Three thematic add-ons to this best-selling series: Medic, Score, and Intergalactic, plus new licensed editions.
• Skiwampus – A quick-playing brain-building game
• Bring Your Own Book – A new party game with a literary twist!
For those attending this year’s Toy Fair, you can find Gamewright’s booth at Booth #2167 in the Javits Center. For more information on the above releases and reprints, read the full press release here.
Last year a little game out of Japan called Rolling Japan became a hit with indie gamers. It is designed by Hisashi Hayashi who also brought us hits like Trains, Sail to India, and many others. Rolling Japan quickly sold out and was never published in America. To this day gamers are going to extreme lengths to find this gem of a game.
Well no longer will you have to work so hard to find the gameplay of Rolling Japan. Gamewright has announced Rolling America will be rolling out to stores across the USA and beyond. Gamewright has brought us other compact dice games like Qwixx and Go Nuts and Rolling America fits right in with these compact dice games.
Rolling America, also designed by Hisashi Hayashi, has the same game play as its predecessor Rolling Japan. Each player will try to fill a map of the United States with numbers they roll on a series of dice. However each state (block) cannot have a number different by more than 1 than the number in its neighboring state(s). Filling up these blocks requires careful planning and some luck and whomever completes their map with the least mistakes will take the win.
“The game is a fully immersive visual and mental challenge, since everyone plays at once. It also makes an excellent complement to Qwixx, which has quickly risen to become one of our top selling dice games.”
Rolling America is sure to be a hit like Rolling Japan is and will be widely available in the Fall of 2015. So if you like quick challenging dice games be sure to look for it in your FLGS/OLGS.