Days of Wonder has announced plans to release Ticket to Ride: New York. The new release is a stand alone Ticket to Ride game and features a shortened version of the game using taxis instead of trains.
Welcome to the Big Apple! Enjoy the sights from Times Square to Brooklyn, and all over NYC. Admire the stunning view from the Empire State Building or take a walk through scenic Central Park!
Designed for 2 to 4 players, Ticket to Ride: New York features a much smaller map then previous Ticket to Ride games, and with fewer starting pieces the game will play in just 10 to 15 minutes.
The game features Alan Moon‘s familiar Ticket to Ride rules including scoring points for completed tickets and for connecting cities, with bonus points given for connecting popular tourist destinations. The game ends when one player has two or fewer taxis left in their supply. Starting with only 15 taxis at the beginning of the game, players will find themselves down to two and ending the game much sooner than in a traditional game of Ticket to Ride.
For players eager to prepare for their first game Days of Wonder has already released the rules. Players can also take a look and hear Tom’s thoughts on the game by checking out his video here.
The game will include:
- One board map of New York City
- 60 plastic taxis
- 44 Transportation cards
- 18 Destination Ticket cards
- 1 rule leaflet
- 1 score pad
- One pencil
Ticket to Ride: New York will be released July 2018 in the U.S. exclusively through Target stores.
Ticket to Ride
Designed by Alan Moon, the original Ticket to Ride game was released in 2004 and is considered a staple entry point into the board gaming hobby. The game won the coveted Spiel des Jahres, along with many other awards including:
FoxMind Toys and Games would like to announce their partnership with Mandoo Games to publish the North American version of Slide Blast, a fun and fast-paced family strategy tile laying game with easy rules and great components.
“In Slide Blast, by cleverly choosing and placing tiles, players try to build the longest slide, allowing them to engage in high-speed straightaways, gut-wrenching curves and mind blowing tunnels! Players also gain extra points each time they make another player slide.”
Slide Blast is a game for 2-6 players, ages 7 and up, and plays in about 30 minutes. It is expected to be released in the 2nd quarter of 2017.
The game will be showcased at the upcoming 2017 Toy Fairs in Nuremberg and New York. For more information on this announcement, visit the publisher’s site here.
Gamewright would like to announce a slew of new games up for release during 2016, many of which will be seen at this year’s Toy Fair in New York this February.
An overview of the games for this year includes:
• Go Away Monster! – Back by popular demand! Perfect “my first game”, with a brand new look.
• Ranglin’ Rabbits – A cooperative dice game for nimble-fingered bunny catchers.
• Sushi Go Party! – Deluxe edition of this best-selling game, featuring lots more cards.
• Cardventures – A new line of card-based games with an interactive story feature.
• Baba Yaga – An enchanting new signature card game, themed around the classic fairytale.
• Rolling America – The star-spangled dice game.
• Rory’s Story Cubes– Three thematic add-ons to this best-selling series: Medic, Score, and Intergalactic, plus new licensed editions.
• Skiwampus – A quick-playing brain-building game
• Bring Your Own Book – A new party game with a literary twist!
For those attending this year’s Toy Fair, you can find Gamewright’s booth at Booth #2167 in the Javits Center. For more information on the above releases and reprints, read the full press release here.