When the kids are away, the toys come out to play…and FIGHT! Program your toys, then watch them dominate!
Bellwether Games would like to announce their latest game currently running on Kickstarter, Windup War: the Cutest Combat Card Game. In Windup War, players will simultaneously program their toys for battle, then “release” them into combat with each other. Players will need to be able to anticipate the other players’ moves or risk being caught off guard.
First, each player will select one of six toys to represent them in battle. Next, players will assemble an army of three units according to each unit’s unique strengths and weaknesses. Players will then program 5 actions at once into their toys, then reveal them simultaneously. Actions are carried out in order, and then those that survive will reload for the next round.
Windup War is a game for 2-6 generals (players) and has a funding date of November 14, 2016. For more information and to support this project, visit its Kickstarter page.
Gamewright would like to announce a slew of new games up for release during 2016, many of which will be seen at this year’s Toy Fair in New York this February.
An overview of the games for this year includes:
• Go Away Monster! – Back by popular demand! Perfect “my first game”, with a brand new look.
• Ranglin’ Rabbits – A cooperative dice game for nimble-fingered bunny catchers.
• Sushi Go Party! – Deluxe edition of this best-selling game, featuring lots more cards.
• Cardventures – A new line of card-based games with an interactive story feature.
• Baba Yaga – An enchanting new signature card game, themed around the classic fairytale.
• Rolling America – The star-spangled dice game.
• Rory’s Story Cubes– Three thematic add-ons to this best-selling series: Medic, Score, and Intergalactic, plus new licensed editions.
• Skiwampus – A quick-playing brain-building game
• Bring Your Own Book – A new party game with a literary twist!
For those attending this year’s Toy Fair, you can find Gamewright’s booth at Booth #2167 in the Javits Center. For more information on the above releases and reprints, read the full press release here.
Selecta has released some fantastic children’s games over the years, including Viva Topo! (a favorite in my house!). Now, thirteen great children’s games previously released by Selecta are now being published by Pegasus Spiele, featuring a whole new box design illustrated by Anne Pätzke.
This new design features new, loving illustrations that will greatly appeal to children. Additionally, a colored dots-scheme for the background of the game boxes will reflect the age-level of the game: green (from 3 years old on), blue (from 4 years old on), yellow (from 5 years old on) or red (from 6 years old on). The games will still feature the same excellent wooden figures from Selecta.
Pegasus Spiele has announced the first four games of this new series release:
- Viva Topo!
- The Ladybug’s Costume Party
- the nominated Zoowaboo
- Bouncing Bunnies
These new games from Pegasus Spiele will be presented at the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL in Essen from October 8 through October 11, 2015 at booth GA-31.
For more information on the new design and release of these children’s games, visit the announcement on Pegasus Spiele’s news page.