Barnes & Noble has announced they will be hosting special gaming events at 225 select stores in celebration of International Tabletop Day on Saturday, April 29, starting at 6pm. Participating stores will host games, and will feature 20% off select games, with an additional 10% for members. Fans should call their local Barnes & Noble to see if they are joining in the festivities. Featured games include Quartz, Kodama, Potion Explotion, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, New York: 1901 and You Gotta Be Kitten Me. Giveaways, including Promo materials for Kodama and One Night Ultimate Werewolf, will be available while supplies last.
To find the Barnes & Noble Store near you, and to check their event schedule, click here.
Several promotional cards and games have been announced for International Tabletop Day 2017 on April 29. Make sure to contact your FLGS for availability.
Two promo cards for Aeon’s End were announced. The “Drown in Flames” spell card deals 4 to a minion or nemesis, and can be repeated by losing 2 charges. The “Glyph Enigma” minion card has a persistent effect where gravehold suffers 1 damage, with 2 more damage if the nemesis tier is 2 or higher.
There will be a mini-expansion for Biotix, containing new adaptive and hyper-reactive microbes. Additionally a new mechanic allows players to pass a Biotix at a time of their choosing. Finally, Eureka cards replace the pen and paper endgame rules with a more elegant solution.
A new promo for Castle Panic adds a new Tabletop Day 2017 Tower, which allows players to draw up and trade when it is destroyed.
The Snack Table promo card for Clank! is a device which allows other players to pay you gold in exchange for healing.
Fuse will have a new promo bomb, holding 4 dice – two of equal color which much then be greater than two of equal value.
Grey Fox Games and Geek & Sundry bring Lucha Jefe, a promotional micro game in which players become luchador managers. Limited edition Tabletop Day versions will come with a cloth bag and a promotional character.
Finally, Master of Orion will have a promotional Fuska advisor card, which will set your loyalty to 6 until the final scoring.
International Tabletop Day is tomorrow, and one of the great things about the day, beyond the scores of people playing games, is that there are some sweet Geek and Sundry themed promo items to be had. Below are a list of the different promos you can run into on your trips to game stores tomorrow:
- Castle Panic – like last year they are offering a alternate tower token, this time with the ability to rebuild it by returning creatures to the board
- Awesome Kingdom – a character inspired by Felicia Day with accompaning reference sheet
- Star Realms – an event card called Admiral’s Tabletop which allows you to shuffle your deck and discard together, or gain back 5 influence
- Schmovie – two new schquid trophies showing Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day
- Birds of a Feather – the cards needed to add an Undomesticated Owl Bear to the game
- Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre – two new characters featuring Wil Wheaton and the lovable Dr. Hannah (check out the Last Night on Earth Tabletop episode)
- Heroes Wanted – new hero cards based off Wil and Felicia along with two characters from their Titansgrave series
- Superfight – set of 3 black cards and 6 white cards themed around Geek and Sundry
- Tanto Cuore – a new maid card
- Don’t Turn Your Back – a new law card featuring a variation of Wheaton’s Law and an advertising postcard
- The Red Dragon Inn – a new drink card featuring Grandma’s Sweat Stout from the Titansgrave series
- and lastly there are also metal coins from Campaign Coins and Trophy of Awesome cards to give out as awards
Overall a good assortment of promos for games I can’t help but see as right up Wil’s alley, look for them all tomorrow at a participating FLGS. Have a happy Tabletop Day!
As was previously reported, Barnes and Noble started to expand their participation in the board gaming world by hosting game days in March, and now they are planning to go even deeper by hosting events on International Tabletop Day. All stores will be participating in this so if your Barnes and Noble has a game section, good money says they will be participating. The events will start at 4pm on April 30th and will focus on five specific games, Ticket to Ride, Munchkin, Superfight, Machi Koro, and Qwirkle, with promos of those games being the prize for winning. From the sound of the press release that you can read below, this is the first step in Barnes and Noble taking up a role similar to an FLGS to help bring more people into the hobby and offer a great place to gather and play games.
Barnes & Noble Hosts Tabletop Gaming Meet Up at Stores Nationwide on April 30
Barnes & Noble Responds to Customer Demand and Brings an Authentic Gaming Experience to All Stores
Featured Games to Include Popular Selections Qwirkle, Munchkin, Machi Koro, Superfight and Ticket to Ride
New York, NY – April 21, 2016– Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced that it will be hosting a Tabletop Gaming Meet Up at all stores nationwide on Saturday, April 30, starting at 4 p.m.. Last month, Barnes & Noble hosted weekly “game gatherings” at select stores across the country. As a result of the huge success of the program, the company is expanding that gaming experience to customers at all of its 640 stores across the country.
“Seeing our customers respond so positively to the game gatherings we hosted at select stores was not only rewarding, but it crystalized what we believed all along: customers in local communities are looking for an alternative evening out. For so many, Barnes & Noble is already a place to meet up, socialize and spend quality time together. Our Tabletop Gaming Meet Up is designed to do all that and more,” said Kathleen Campisano, Vice President, Toys & Games at Barnes & Noble. “We will feature a unique array of games that celebrate collaboration, encourage strategic thinking and even provide a little healthy competition.”
Customers are encouraged to visit their local store and participate in Barnes & Noble’s first-ever Tabletop Gaming Meet Up, whether they are looking for an alternative to a typical evening out, an activity for the whole family to enjoy, or simply the opportunity to meet new people in a fun way.
“The tabletop gaming industry has always had a wide appeal to Americans as a fun, engaging pastime, but we see Barnes & Noble’s entry into events and gatherings as a game changer,” said Andrew Lupp of the gaming industry organization, PSI. “Few retailers can offer a store environment that’s already tailor-made for gaming. Barnes & Noble has always had a fantastically curated selection of games. Now they’re creating the social experience and building new communities to bring these games to many more gamers around the country.”
Featured games will represent a leading assortment from Barnes & Noble’s vast selection, including:
- Machi Koro– The Japanese card game that is sweeping the world. A fast-paced, light-hearted game for up to three players, with the goal of building the city of Machi Koro (in less than 30 minutes!).
- Superfight- A hilarious card game based on fights between characters with superpowers and super problems. Players create fighters from these cards, then argue with one another over who would win in a fight!
- Ticket to Ride- A cross-country train adventure game. Players collect train cards that enable them to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn. Additional points come to those who can fulfill their destination tickets by connecting two distant cities, and to the player who builds the longest continuous railway.
- Munchkin- The mega-hit card game about dungeon adventure, with no role-playing. Players can compete to kill monsters and grab magic items.
- Qwirkle- A game that is as simple as matching colors and shapes, but also requires tactical maneuvers and well-planned strategy. Players can earn points by building rows and columns of blocks that share a common shape or color.
Participants will have the chance to play against each other to win prizes, including a Machi Koro Diamine Promo Card Pack, a Qwirkle Brainteaser Book, Superfight Promo Card Sets, and more. Customers should contact their local store to find out the full list of prizes available.
Each game will be available to play starting at 4:00 p.m. Participants are encouraged to take fun photos of themselves while gaming and upload to their social media channels using the special hashtag, #BNGameNight. For more information on the event, customers can visit the Barnes & Noble Blog.
International Tabletop Day is coming up on April 30th this year, and board gamers everywhere are going to celebrate. To celebrate Tabletop Day, F2Z Entertainment (the publisher of Z-Man Games and Plaid Hat Games) is holding an entire day of activities in Rigaud, Québec. The day will include a tour of their offices, playtesting unreleased games (the new Flick’em Up! expansion – Red Rock Tomahawk, Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu, and more), and some food and beverages. Additionally, The Dice Tower’s very own Tom Vasel will be a special guest there. There are only 15 pairs of passes, and they will be chosen through contests and drawings in the upcoming weeks, so be on the lookout!
For more information, see the full press release below:
March 22, 2016
F2Z Entertainment, proud publisher of the brands Filosofia, Z-Man Games, Pretzel Games and Plaid Hat Games, is very excited to invite you to this new edition of Tabletop Day!
To celebrate our passion for board games on this special holiday, F2Z Entertainment will be holding an entire day of activities on Saturday, April 30th, inviting fans to join the team at the office in Rigaud, Québec.
Proposed activities include a tour of the office to see where ideas are born and how prototypes are picked, developed, and turned into quality games before being shipped all around the world.
Participants will then be able to sit down and test unreleased games such as the Flick’em Up! Red Rock Tomahawk expansion and Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu, as well as many, many other upcoming games from our collection, all of that in the good company of illustrator Chris Quil-
liams and our very special guest: Mister Tom Vasel.
Spots are limited though, and only 15 pairs of passes will be distributed through different draws and contest in the upcoming weeks.
Although food and beverages will be served to winners during the day, be advised that participants are responsible for their traveling arrangements and accommodations.
For any question, please contact Elisabeth Ste-Marie, International event coordinator for F2Z Entertainment at email@example.com.
The third annual International Tabletop Day event is fast approaching, and chances are strong that a tabletop event has been planned near you in honor of the day. One exciting feature of many official events celebrating the day will include the availability of promo kits, provided by many sponsors within the retail gaming world. Geek & Sundry, founder of International Tabletop Day, has now revealed the official solicitations with the content for the kits.
The Regular Promotional Kit, bearing a $250 value, will include items such as Dead of Winter, Castle Panic, and Munchkin promos.
The Premium Kit, wielding a hefty $600 value, will include the Regular Promotional Kit items and much more.
For more information about this announcement, and to see an exhaustive list of promotional items, visit the ICv2.com article here.
To find out more about International Tabletop Day, how to get a promotional kit, and how to find an event near you, visit the FAQ for the event here.