We previously reported that a new edition of the Blood Bowl game is on it’s way, and while a date for release is still forthcoming, the hype train is picking up speed. The first stop for that train is the launch of a new website devoted to Blood Bowl, and it’s simply BloodBowl.com. The site contains the typical teaser trailers and social media links, but it also contains downloads for team rosters, drill cards, as well as a video to teach the basics of the game. You can check out the new website now, and continue to wait patiently for that new edition to be released.
Fans of the original adventure and survival game Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island will be interested to know what specific changes will be present in Portal’s new release of the game under the Portal banner. According to Portal’s latest news release, the major notable changes will include:
- a “typical” square game box, as opposed to the original’s coffin box
- a fancier 1st Player Token
- an additional 7th Scenario
- Character Sheets on thick cardboard, as opposed to the thin sheets in the original
- shaped wooden resource components, as opposed to the cubes in the original
- redesigned Discovery Tokens with thematic names on them
- character stickers for the wooden player pawns
- a freshly-reworked rulebook (I like how Portal points out that the original “explains nothing” and the new one “explains everything”)
Preorders are currently being accepted, and this new release is scheduled for release in November of 2016. For more information, visit Portal’s new release here.