Games Workshop have announced The Chosen Axes, a new warband for the stand-alone combat game Shadespire.
An ancient city filled with treasure. Terrors too awful to name.
The new warband requires a slow but offensive play style that rewards tactical timing in the inspiration of units. While initially slow, each of your Fyreslayers will become a true force of destruction once inspired!
The pack comes with a completely new set of highly detailed miniatures and what would a warband be without a full compliment of cards at their disposal just waiting to rain havoc down upon their unsuspecting adversaries!
Packs of blood-hungry killers – and worse. Sounds like a job for the Fyreslayers!
The Chosen Axes are also fully compatible with games outside Shadespire and come with two new warscrolls. Check out the preview video to see the models on display and prepare for the coming destruction!
You can pre-order The Chosen Axes from 12th February 2018.
Plaid Hat Games has announced Stuffed Fables designed by Jerry Hawthorne, will have a retail release date of February 1st, 2018. This is a slight delay from the December release date given when the game was announced at GenCon 2017.
For those who pre-ordered the game Plaid Hat noted:
Customers who pre-ordered from the Plaid Hat Games web store will receive their copies at their door on or around February 1st.
Stuffed Fables is the first in the new StoryBoard line of products by Plaid Hat Games. In the first game in this new line, Stuffed Fables, players take on the role of stuffed toys that have been drawn into the Fall, a dark realm ruled by a master of nightmares.
Stuffed Fables is a unique adventure game in which players take on the roles of brave stuffies seeking to save the child they love from a scheming, evil mastermind. Players roll and assign color-coded dice to perform a wide variety of actions, from daring melee attacks, to leaping across conveyor belts, or steering a racing wagon down a peril-filled hill.
StoryBoard games will come with a large storybook that, when opened, will have one page acting as a the board for the game while the opposite page will act as a rules reference and story guide. Stories will play out over multiple adventures, with each adventure moving through multiple pages from the immersive Storybook.
Playtime is listed at 60-90 minutes for 2-4 players with a recommended age of 7+. Players eager to find out more about how the game works can already take a look at the rulebook posted on the Plaid Hat Game website.
Eric Summerer has provided a rules overview over on youtube. If Eric’s voice on the video seems familiar it may be because you’ve listened to some of the hundreds of audiobooks and other voiceover projects Mr. Summerer has worked on.
What’s in the Box?
While it’s release is only a few weeks away, for those anxious to begin their stuffed adventures know that you can look forward to a box full of content. Stuffed Fable includes:
- 23 miniatures
- 35 multicolored dice
- 1 dice bag
- 6 unique character cards
- 100+ page storybook
- 1 Sideboard
- 29 Lost cards
- 10 Sleep cards
- 47 Item cards
- 40 Discovery cards
The Worlds of Jerry Hawthorne
Stuffed Fables will be the second universe that designer Jerry Hawthorne has brought to Plaid Hat Games. Hawthorne is the designer of the popular Mice & Mystics world. Hawthorne is also credited as a designer on multiple Heroscape products.
Kristen Pauline and Regis Demy are the artists bringing the world of Stuffed Fables to life.
Plaid Hat Games
Plaid Hat Games was acquired in 2015 by F2Z Entertainment, and subsequently Asmodee in 2016 when Asmodee absorbed F2Z. Plaid Hat Games now functions as an independent design studio under the Asmodee umbrella.
This month, GMT Games has a series of announcements primarily focused on P500 and P500 reprint editions. Quite likely, the most important news in this announcement is a new GMT version of the award-winning,1960: The Making of the President, by Jason Matthews and Christian Leonhard.
Other games announced include:
For more information and to read the full news announcement, visit the GMT site here.
Alderac Entertainment Group would like to proudly announce its releases for February 2016. These game releases will become available this February, 2016.
Doomtown: Reloaded Saddlebag Expansion: Bad Medicine
It’s time for a hostile takeover!
Gears continue to grind along as plans for Gomorra’s future develop, including a feverish deal that promises to change the face of the Morgan Cattle Company forever. Plus, a secret about Sloane’s past is revealed.
Doomtown: Reloaded, AEG’s fast-paced expandable card game set in the Deadlands universe, is receiving its eighth Saddlebag Expansion, Bad Medicine. This expansion will add 21 new cards to further customize your Doomtown decks. Visit the AEG website for more information on this expansion.
In this game designed by Isaac Shalev, each player takes on the role of an animal attempting to cross the river. This is a hidden role game, and players will not know who is predator or prey. Predators will attempt to trap their prey on the same boat as it crosses, and prey will use their cunning to slip away deftly. Players will attempt to earn the most points by crossing the river, eating their prey, and avoiding being eaten.
Ravenous River is for 2-7 players ages 14+ and plays in about 20 minutes. Visit the AEG website here for more information.
Genghis Con 2016 is right around the corner, being held from February 11-14, 2016, in Aurora, Colorado at the Radisson Southeast.
Genghis Con will feature many opportunities in gaming, such as:
- Role-playing games (Savage Worlds, D&D, and Hero’s RPG)
- Access to the Gen Con board game library, with over 700 games (Board Game Ribbon required to access)
- Catan Regional Championship qualifier (winner will compete at Gen Con 2016)
- Miniatures room run by Gamer’s Haven game store
- Envoy Games regional championships in Diamonds, Game of 49, Spellcaster, Nevermore, Skull King, and Wizard
- Artemis Bridge Simulator
- Cosplay contest
- Live-action role-playing
- Dungeon Crawl of Awesome featuring an entire floor for a sic-fi dungeon crawl
Hotel rooms are available for $89/night with the group code “Gen Con”. For more information, visit the convention’s web site at www.genghiscondenver.com.
Impressions Game Distribution Services announces their shipping update for December 8, 2015 with the following new releases:
- Schrödinger’s Cats: a strategic card game for 2-6 players featuring “bluffing, deduction, and cute cat pictures”. In the game, players will take on the role of a Cat Physicist such as Albert Felinestein or Sir Isaac Mewton in order to solve the mysteries of the universe and one-up the other Cat Physicists.
- Holiday Module: Advent of the Avalanche Lords: In this 3rd-annual Dungeon Crawl Classics module, players will embark on a Level 3 adventure that “evokes the holiday-themed television specials of childhood, with a particularly nasty spin”.
- Peloponnes Card Game: Lead one of the proud city-states through the ages over eight rounds, developing your civilization and avoiding disasters. From Iron Games.
- Pixel Tactics 4: An expansion of the Pixel Tactics franchise with the new Trap mechanic, which can aid players and keep their opponents on their toes.
- Codex of Aihrde: A Castles & Crusades supplement in which the complete world of Aihrde is unfolded for players into a rich, detailed campaign, purportedly “the most complete campaign setting on the market today”. Full color throughout, hardback. An expansion, The Darkenfold, as well as an Aihrde full-color map set, is also scheduled for release on February 16, 2016.
For more information on Impressions releases, download the latest Impressions product list here.
Upper Deck has announced its latest expansion for the Marvel Legendary card game series, Captain America 75th. In this small box expansion, players will be able to recreate 75 years of Captain America history with 5 new Heroes, 2 new villain groups, 2 new Masterminds, and multiple new schemes to expand the game. The game will feature five new characters, all taking up the mantle of Captain America with the same level of strategy, depth, fun, and replayability fans have come to rely on in Marvel Legendary. Each expansion set will include 100 playable cards, featuring all original art, including 4 pieces of unique art per hero.
The Marvel Captain America 75th Legendary Small Box Expansion has a scheduled release date of February 2016. For more information on this new release, visit the publisher’s website HERE.
Moonrat Media has just announced the second season of the hit comedy web series “Board with Life,” arriving this February of 2016. “Board with Life” follows a group of board game geeks during their regular game nights.
The following is an excerpt from Moonrat Media’s YouTube channel, in which the show is described: “Join the gang every week as they vie for power in 1840’s New York City, establish dominance over the isle of Catan, and sometimes work together to save the world from global disease and infection. Alliances will forge, rivalries will emerge, and everyone will end the night Board with Life.”
This new season promises seven new episodes that will appeal not only to fans of the show, but also will be a great entry point to new viewers. As the show’s channel jokingly quips, “Miss the 1st Season? Skip It. Catch up later.”
The YouTube channel also contains reviews, how to play videos, comedy sketches and more enthusiastic enthusiast content.
To check out the “Board with Life Season 2 Trailer”, follow the direct link here.
You can also check out the show’s YouTube channel by following this link.
Things are hopping at Stonemaier Games this month. Their February 2015 newsletter is chock full of news, events, and opportunities for readers, and here is just a smattering of what’s inside this month’s update:
- Euphoria Expansion: The original Euphoria game has 48 recruit cards and 18 markets, and the new expansion plans to add more of these to game play. Stonemaier Games has put out a call for new ideas for these new recruit and market cards.
- Between Two Cities: The upcoming Between Two Cities game by Ben Rosset and Matthew O’Malley will be hitting Kickstarter on February 25.
- Treasure Chests 2-4: In mid-April, Stonemaier Games plans to run a Kickstarter for 3 new Treasure Chests with bundled pricing.
- Scythe: Scythe is coming along well in its development, and you can see the latest artwork from Jakub Rozalski for the game in this month’s newsletter.
There is even more information about what Stonemaier Games is up to, and you can check it all out HERE.
Z-Man Games’ monthly newsletter is back! The February 2015 edition of the Z-Man Games Newsletter is now available for viewing on the Z-Man Games website.
The newsletter includes important Z-Man Games news such as special events, upcoming conventions, recent releases, and upcoming releases such as North Wind, Saint Petersburg, and the recently announced El Grande Big Box.
You can subscribe to the newsletter via email HERE.