Gamewright, makers of great games like Forbidden Desert, Sushi Go Party, and Qwixx, are rolling out with no less than nine games/reprints for 2017. The games Gamewright usually put out are very family friendly and often include the younger kids as well, so no doubt their new releases will follow suit. And they are:
- Cha-Cha Chihuahua – A vibrant new “get up and dance” preschool game with some adorable doggies.
- Go Nuts for Donuts! – Our next sure-fire hit family card game about picking the donuts that no one else will pick
- Cardventures #3 and #4, Vanished & Time Raiders – Two new installments in this interactive story series.
- Qwingo – A fast paced dice game that the whole family can enjoy. Another in the line of roll a die and cross off something on a pad.
- Rory’s Story Cubes Fantasia – A 9-cube fantasy themed version of our best-selling creativity tool.
- Tiki Topple (reprint) A revamped look and feel to this simple to learn game of getting your tiki’s to the top.
- Loot (reprint) – Deluxe Tin – An old favorite sporting a new look, can you be the pirate with the most loot?
- Think ‘n Sync – The new Port-a-Party game where great minds think alike, pick a category and a partner and see if you both are on the same wavelength.
- PDQ (reprint) – An update of this “all-play” word-building game.
All these great games are coming out in spring of 2017, so look for them on store shelves then.
Gamewright have announced a brand new line of games, Cardventures , starting with two titles: Stowaway 52 and Jump Ship!
Cardventures is a series of choose your own path books in a deck of cards in which you start a game by picking a card, read the text and choose one of the options at the bottom of the card which leads to another card and so on. The story will develop until you reach an end point.
In Stowaway 52 you have sneaked in an alien ship which is about to attack Earth and it’s up to you to stop it. In Jump Ship! you are a pirate captain trying to defend your own ship or decide to plunder other ships to grab the most gold.
Cardventures are for one or more players, age 8+ and makes a great “read together” activity between parent and child and a useful tool to develop language, vocabulary and decision making skills. Both titles are available now.
For more information go to Gamewright’s website.
Gamewright would like to announce a slew of new games up for release during 2016, many of which will be seen at this year’s Toy Fair in New York this February.
An overview of the games for this year includes:
• Go Away Monster! – Back by popular demand! Perfect “my first game”, with a brand new look.
• Ranglin’ Rabbits – A cooperative dice game for nimble-fingered bunny catchers.
• Sushi Go Party! – Deluxe edition of this best-selling game, featuring lots more cards.
• Cardventures – A new line of card-based games with an interactive story feature.
• Baba Yaga – An enchanting new signature card game, themed around the classic fairytale.
• Rolling America – The star-spangled dice game.
• Rory’s Story Cubes– Three thematic add-ons to this best-selling series: Medic, Score, and Intergalactic, plus new licensed editions.
• Skiwampus – A quick-playing brain-building game
• Bring Your Own Book – A new party game with a literary twist!
For those attending this year’s Toy Fair, you can find Gamewright’s booth at Booth #2167 in the Javits Center. For more information on the above releases and reprints, read the full press release here.