As the 47th iteration in the Love Letter line AEG has announced Adventure Time Love Letter. Will it be Finn or will to be Jake that ends up with Princess Bubblegum in the end? Play for this version is like any other version of Love Letter, everyone starts with a single card and on their turn they draw one card and play one card, attempting to eliminate all the other players or hold the highest value card at the end of the round in order to score a point. First to a set number of points wins, but this version adds a new twist for winning a round. In this set you can win a round by reuniting the two main Heroes, Finn and Jake, through playing the one and forcing the other to be discarded. As with other implementations this won’t break the mold but just adds another theme to the line for you to pick from. Release has only been alluded to as in the next couple months and the art will have the Adventure Time characters dressing up as the Tempest version characters.
Facebook post from AEG
At the GAMA Trade Show every year, game publishers, designers, and media creators like us at The Dice Tower, get together in Las Vegas for a week long convention of sorts. The GAMA Trade Show is not open to the general public, but concentrates on the publishers, and designers showcasing their upcoming games to media creators and game distributors.
Here at some AEG news to report from the show.
Here is a list of games coming out soon:
- Rumpelstilskin: this is a 2 player hidden role game coming this June.
- Adventure Time Love Letter: This version of the game will recreate the art from Love Letter with Adventure Time characters.
- Archer Love Letter: This will be coming soon.
- Game of Crowns: The tag line for this game is: “Summer is Coming.” Expect this game in June.
- Dice City: This is a dice rolling resource gathering game for 2-4 players. Expect this game in June.
- Dark Seas: In this game players will use a shared dice pool to sail the seven seas. Expect this game in April.
- Epic Adventure: A card based role playing game that uses “box master” and stickered cards to level up characters. This will be coming out in late 2015.
- Smash Up Munchkin: This will be stand-alone expansion for the popular game Smash Up. This should be released at GenCon 2015.