Eagle-Gryphon Games has launched a new Railways of the World (ROTW) expansion – Railways of Portugal – on Kickstarter. Designed by Vital Lacerda, with cover art by Ian O’Toole, this expansion is for 2-4 players and uses the same rules as other games in the ROTW series with a few important exceptions.
What’s new and different?
Although the base rules and mechanics are the same as previous ROTW titles, a few distinct changes have been made:
• Access productive islands via Maritime Connections
• Black cities can only be added at the start of the Industrial Age and via Urbanization
• Close cities on a tight map that demands careful and tough decisions, leading to significant player interaction
• Major Lines that require intermediate connections
• New Operations cards and concepts are included
• Goal Cards replace Baron Cards
What’s in the box?
• A 375 x 617mm game board
• Goal Cards (10)
• Operations Cards (34)
• Player-aid Sheets (4)
Kickstarter backers will receive a free 3-card promo pack.
Note: The Railways of the World base game or Railways of Nippon standalone base game are required to play the Railways of Portugal expansion.
The Kickstarter campaign has already reached its funding goal and will be running until January 21, 2019, 4:00 AM CET.