The designers of Legendary Encounters Ben Cichoski and Danny Mandel have designed a new game that combines an expandable card game with a collectible toy: H.E.A.D. Hunters. The official press release for this game describes the gameplay in this way:
In this tabletop game for two or more players, each player controls his or her very own Hero of Every Age & Dimension (H.E.A.D.) Hunter. Each toy features its own deck of cards, position platforms, measuring string and combat dice to attack and defend against other Hunters as it moves around the table for position and opportunity. When the game is over, all the components fit back inside the head while the toy sits patiently (and attractively) on your shelf, waiting for its next opponent.
In 2007, Gut Shot Games created the idea of an expandable card game in the head of a toy, but the initial game needed work, and either the game itself was not compelling enough or the timing was not right. When the idea was presented to Cichoski and Mandel, they were enthusiastic about the idea. “The concept is so unique that we wanted to match that innovation in the game play,” according to Cichoski. “The game fuses the best of combat card games and miniatures games for an entirely fresh take on a tabletop game. It’s truly aH.E.A.D. of its time!”
Gut Shot Games anticipated the game to be a very innovative gaming experience. Some of the highlights of H.E.A.D. Hunters are:
- Heroes of Every Age & Dimension! Play as an old Norse Viking, a Robot Assassin, a 19th century pugilist or another of the 10 best Hunters across time and space.
- Customizable Decks! Mix and match cards from other H.E.A.D. Hunters to customize your deck to match your own play style.
- Position Yourself for Advantage! As you are up against the most notorious Heroes of the past or future, where you attack from is as important as what you attack with.
- Create Infinite Battlefields! Each character has unique starting terrain and buildings that can be placed in a multitude of positions and layouts to create unlimited fields of battle.
- Play With Your Toys! Instead of a box where game parts are stashed away, everything you need to play H.E.A.D. Hunters is stored inside the toy. And when you’re not playing, you have a cool display piece to show off.
Gut Shot Games will be launching a Kickstarter project for H.E.A.D. Hunters in the fall of 2016.
For more information, please visit the game’s website here or follow Gut Shot Games (@gutshotgames) on Twitter.