Days of Wonder would like to announce Yamataï, a new board game themed in a legendary far-eastern kingdom that is governed by the majestic Queen Himiko. This new board game is designed by Bruno Cathala and Marc Paquien. What follows is a quote from the official press release from Days of Wonder:
In Yamataï, players have to complete a delicate mission: build the most prestigious city of the kingdom! To accomplish this ambitious task, players transport various resources through the islands of the archipelago and collect Culture Tokens or raise buildings and monuments. Recruiting specialists and using their powers will constitute a decisive strategy for each builder to ultimately obtain Queen Himiko’s favors.
The game rules are simple and easy to learn and players will be making choices that include:
- choosing the right Fleet Tile in due time to obtain resources and useful powers
- carefully observing other players’ actions
- following numerous paths to victory to become the master builder
A copy of the game will include:
- 1 lavishly illustrated game board
- 4 player mats with meeples
- 80 wooden boats carrying resources (bamboo, wood, stone, clay, gold)
- 10 Fleet Tiles
- 28 Building Tiles (21 Standard Buildings and 7 Prestige Buildings, each represented with wooden figures)
- 7 Mountain Tiles
- 34 Culture Tokens
- 8 Sacred Ground tokens
- 73 Coins
- 24 Prestige Point Tokens
- 18 Specialist Tiles
Yamataï is a game for 2 to 4 players, ages 13 and up and plays in 40 to 80 minutes.
For more information, please visit www.daysofwonder.com/yamatai.