Acram Digital has announced they are looking for beta testers for the digital port of the board game Istanbul. Acram has teased that the game is coming in Q2 2018 and is seeking beta testers now. Those interested can find more information on how to join the playtest here.
The game is currently in development for PC/Mac/Linux, Android and iOS systems. Digital features of the game will include:
- official, digital version of Istanbul board game
- optimized for PC, smartphones and tablets
- play with AI, with friends or both
- pass and play mode
- online multiplayer with asynchronous mode option
- modular board
- official rules plus extra additions
In the game players will take on the role of merchants with their four assistants roaming through the 16 bazaar locations. Each location allows players to leave an assistant behind to take a specific action, returning later to pick up the assistant. When a merchant has finally collected five rubies in his wheelbarrow all players will complete the round to end the game. If the player who ended the game has completed their goal they will be declared the winner, otherwise ties will be broken by money still in hand.
- 2014 Swiss Gamers Award Winner
- 2014 Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
- 2014 Kennerspiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2014 Gouden Ludo Winner
Eric Summerer placed Istanbul at #15 on the Top 100 Games of All Time.
About Acram Digital